Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Policy
I. OVERVIEW & SCOPE
Kindred Circle Care LLC of 8 North E St, LAKEVIEW, Oregon 97630, has established an Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (“Policy”). This Policy applies to all aspects of the relationship between Kindred Circle Care LLC and its employees, including, but not limited to, employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, hiring and firing, compensation, assignment, classification of employees, termination, upgrading, promotions, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, and employee benefits and application of policies. These policies apply to independent contractors, temporary employees, all personnel working on the premises, and any other persons or firms doing business for or with Kindred Circle Care LLC. Disciplinary action will be taken against any employee or agent who breaches this Policy.
- DISCRIMINATION. Kindred Circle Care LLC is an equal-opportunity employer committed to
complying with all applicable anti-discrimination laws. Discrimination occurs whenever similarly situated individuals of a different group are accorded separate and unequal treatment in a similar situation. Kindred Circle Care LLC shall not tolerate, under any circumstances, without exception, the exclusion of individuals from an opportunity or participation in any activity because of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, United States military veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, and any other status protected by the law. This list is not exhaustive. Nor will Kindred Circle Care LLC tolerate, without exception, the exclusion of individuals from an opportunity or participation in any activity based on hair texture or protective hairstyles, including braids, locs, twists, or Bantu knots. Our policy of non-discrimination in employment applies, without limitation, to recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotions, transfers, discipline, demotions, terminations, layoffs, access to benefits and training, and all other aspects of employment, as well as to the selection of volunteers and vendors and provision of services. In addition, our non-discrimination policy is intended to extend to visitors to our facilities and all of our stakeholders.
- HARASSMENT. Kindred Circle Care LLC is committed to creating and providing a positive work environment free from harassment. Therefore, the Company will not tolerate workplace harassment of any employee, either by fellow employees or non-employees, of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, United States military veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, including the exercise of protected activity (like filing a complaint), or any other reason deemed impermissible under the law. Harassment can include, but is not limited to, offensive verbal conduct such as foul or obscene language, epithets, suggestive statements or innuendo, derogatory comments, or “jokes.” Harassment may further include touching, gestures, or other offensive physical conduct or creating, displaying, or reading offensive graphic or written materials in the workplace that relate to the sex, race, religion, color, national origin, age, or disability of an employee. Any of these behaviors are considered harassment if it would make a reasonable person experiencing the conduct uncomfortable in the workplace or if it could hinder the person’s job performance. All employees, including supervisors, other management personnel, and independent contractors, must abide by this Policy. Violation of the Policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge. No person will be adversely affected in employment with Kindred Circle Care LLC as a result of bringing complaints of harassment.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Kindred Circle Care LLC vehemently opposes sexual harassment, which is prohibited by law and company policy. Sexual harassment is unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute harassment when (1) submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment; (2) request to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as a basis for employment decisions, promotion, transfer, selection for training, performance evaluations, benefits, or other terms and conditions of employment; or (3) such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment or substantially interferes with an employee’s work performance. Kindred Circle Care LLC prohibits inappropriate conduct that is sexual at work, on Company business, or at Company-sponsored events, including the following: comments, jokes, degrading language, sexually suggestive objects, books, or any form of media, electronic or in print form. Sexual harassment is prohibited between members of the opposite sex or members of the same sex.
- STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. An affirmative action program has been developed where Kindred Circle Care LLC seeks to increase the representation and participation of minorities.
- REPORTING DISCRIMINATION & HARASSMENT. If an employee feels that he or she has been harassed as described in this Policy, they should immediately report the matter to management or Ann Hendry through any verbal or written means. If that contact is unavailable or the employee is uncomfortable informing this contact, the employee should immediately notify any other manager or supervisor. Once the matter has been reported, it will be promptly investigated. The investigation will be conducted confidentially to the extent consistent with the need to analyze and evaluate the complaint. The procedure for reporting incidents of discriminatory or harassing behavior is not intended to prevent the right of any employee to seek a remedy under available state or federal law by immediately reporting the matter to the appropriate state or federal agency.
- NO RETALIATION. No retaliatory action will be taken against anyone who, in good faith, reports conduct that she or he believes may violate this Policy. No retaliatory action will be taken against any individual for assisting or participating in an investigation, proceeding, or hearing related to a harassment complaint.
- DISCIPLINARY MEASURES FOR HARASSMENT. Where an employee is determined to have
violated this Policy, the Company will take corrective action, including termination. Where a
non-employee is determined to have violated this Policy, the Company will take action reasonably calculated to end the harassment.
- TRAINING. All employees, supervisors, and management personnel will be required to attend mandatory anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, and/or anti-sexual harassment training of a kind as designated by Kindred Circle Care LLC.
- REMEDIES. Remedies for any instances of verified employment discrimination, whether caused intentionally or by discriminatory actions, may include back pay, hiring, promotion, reinstatement, front pay, reasonable accommodation, or other actions deemed appropriate by Kindred Circle Care LLC. Remedies can also include payment of attorney’s fees, expert witness fees, court costs, and other applicable legal fees.
- POLICY IMPLEMENTATION. Revision and Implementation of this Policy will be effective as of August 01, 2023